While the calendar says it’s a new year, life is quick to remind you things haven’t changed. There’s a freshness and room for possibilities when we enter a near year. To say I feel hopeful is an understatement. It’s hard to start writing when you’ve not been writing though. This is like stretching or working any muscle, isn’t? The act of practice begots strength.
I want to be strong again. As such, I’ve decided to hop on board for January Jumpstart. I did it last year and usually do a month long writing thing multiple times a year. I want to start this year with a determination to do more for myself.
Not one for resolutions, as those are easy to break, I want to make some determinations for the year. So what am I determined to do?
1. I’m determined to write more. A post a week at least (after this month), but more if I can. To be purposeful, I want to do one meme a week or some prompt. Anything to get my mind moving. Also, trying to put my work out into more things. Maybe continuing Patreon, maybe publishing, but something that allows my writing to reach more eyes.
2. I’m determined to talk more about the things in my head. I close myself off often because I don’t feel it’s my place to say much. I want to speak more to those things I’m quiet on. Reproductive health, racial tension, and even the things that seem to offend others but don’t offend me (and vice versa). Not to make waves, but to have room to spark discussion even if it’s just with myself.
3. I’m determined to have more sex. I want to talk about the sex I’m having (and maybe not having). I’m going to go do more munches and parties, making myself more open to opportunities to play, be tied up, and actually get fucked. I need to get fucked more and I want good sex. Not necessarily orgasms, but laughter during sex, messy sex, sex where I feel good after.
4. I’m determined to grow. In my sexuality, in my beauty, in my writing. I want to try taking pictures again. I’ve felt too in the dark and ugly, I want to got beyond that to feeling sexy again.
5. I’m determined to take chances and have more courage in whatever form that takes. I’ll leave this one open for all the possibilities.
2020: The year of determination