Really quick update because I’ve got some serious packing to do before I fly out this weekend.
Week 2 requires us to look up articles related to one of our goals. My first goal revolves around editing so I went on a search for articles of the breed. I asked Vikki for help and her response was, “don’t talk to me about editing!” My thoughts exactly.
1. Read all the way through the story and summarize each chapter in 100 words or less
– I’m almost done with the first read through. I couldn’t manage it in one setting. While large parts make me hot and squirmy, I’ve done more cringing in the last few pages. I plan on going back and doing the summary and I’ll update you midweek with an edited excerpt.
2. Imagine my character being interviewed. Talk about their goals and what they want.
– being comfortable with the things they like sexually, not letting the past define them.
–here’s where I ask you to give me an interview question to answer about my character. Help me out here.
3. Write an alt ending
– this one intrigued me and I’ve already got ideas for how I’d change the ending some. Definitely got my mind working. Maybe it’ll motivate me to tighten up the middle while I’m at it.
Worth a try. I’ll post a poll midweek next week on genres. Need your help on that too.
I hope my partners in crime are meeting their goals.